How Much Do You Know About Oral Cancer?
November 15, 2014
Unlike other cancers, oral cancer can easily go undetected if you don’t visit the dentist for a regular check-up. An early oral cancer diagnoses could save your life. Make an appointment with Dr. Banda today for your oral cancer screening. The experienced dentists of Cranbrook Dental Care use Vizilite, the leading oral cancer screening system, to check for early signs of oral cancer. Cranbrook Dental Care proudly serves families throughout metro Detroit including, Troy, Bloomfield Hills, Clarkston, Royal Oaks and Birmingham.
Oral Cancer Symptoms
- Mouth sore that lasts longer than two weeks (most common symptom)
- Persistent mouth pain
- Lump in the cheek
- White or red patch on the gums, tongue, tonsil, or lining of the mouth
- Sore throat or constant feeling that something is caught in the throat
- Difficulty swallowing or chewing
- Difficulty moving the jaw or tongue
- Numbness anywhere in the mouth
- Jaw swelling
- Loose teeth
- Severe toothaches
- Voice change
- Lump in the neck
- Rapid unexplained weight loss
Oral Cancer Risk Factors
- Tobacco and Alcohol– Including cigarette smoking, heavy alcohol use, or the use of both tobacco and alcohol together. Using tobacco plus alcohol poses a much greater risk than using either substance alone.
- HPV Infection – The sexually transmitted human papillomavirus (specifically the HPV 16 type) has been linked to a subset of oral cancers.
- Age– Risk increases with age. Especially people over 40.
- Prolonged Sun Exposure– Cancer of the lip can be caused by sun exposure.
- Diet– A diet low in fruits and vegetables may also play a role in oral cancer development.
Oral Cancer Screening in Bloomfield Hills, MI
Regular dental visits are not only essential to maintaining good oral health they can literally save your life. Don’t take a chance with your health; make an appointment with Dr. Banda and the experienced dentists of Cranbrook Dental Care to get the oral cancer screening you need. Cranbrook Dental Care proudly serves families throughout metro Detroit including, Troy, Bloomfield Hills, Clarkston, Royal Oaks and Birmingham.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.